A leading professional association for supply chain and operations management, APICS offers the Certified in Planning and Inventory Management (CPIM) program. Owing to the widespread benefits and value of the certificate, many candidates choose to take up the courses on SCM. However, the hard part for them comes when it is time to study and prepare for the certification. Here’s how you can study for a CPIM APICS certification.
Create a study plan
• You need a study time investment of 175-225 hours – According to 50 percent of successful candidates, they dedicated 30 to 50 hours or more per module
• Start preparing early – Do not wait for the last moment to start your preparations
• Assess your areas of weaknesses and strengths and work on them
• Create a step-by-step plan and learn in segments
• Stick to your plan once you have created it
Study the study material
You will not find any substitute for the study material for each module provided by APICS. They have appropriate information one needs to understand in order to ace the exam. Therefore, before you decide to look into other study modes, first have a look into the study modules.
It is always recommended to follow the study material provided by APICS to study for your APICS CPIM certification.
Reinforce the concepts
Always study and review the reading material; complete all the exercises; complete all the performance checks and use the online CPIM study tools to study. Once you complete studying all the concepts, reinforce them to check your knowledge.
Review the body of knowledge covered in the manual, self-study guide and practice your exam with the CPIM exam simulator. Complete the self-assessment, build a study plan and complete the course material and practice.
Practice for the exam
The last thing you must do is practice for the exam. Practice will help you in assessing your knowledge and learning to date. Determine your strengths and weaknesses, review the material, review session solution slides and online assessment all while you practice.
Here are a few study tips
• Choose the right method for your learning style
• Set your exam date to avoid procrastination
• Determine and know your strengths and weaknesses
• Study the manual and module provided by APICS
• Once you know your ‘knowledge gaps’, spend time on studying and improving them
• Do not only memorize but also understand how you can apply the concepts
• Be prepared for the test format and testing centre
• Don’t leave anything to the last minute
As a Premier Elite Partner of APICS, KnoWerX offers a wide range of APICS certification courses from which individuals can choose. Alongside, candidates get the right support and guidance needed to prepare for and ace the CPIM (Certified in Planning and Inventory Management program) APICS certification with KnoWerX, the best SCM Guru.